Friday, August 26, 2005

I am rationalizing this denominator.


This is the first completed sketch for my thesis series. The paintings are all 1-Shot on birch plywood. 1-Shot is oil-based enamel used by sign painters for a smooth surface free of brush strokes. The paint dries super clean and has intense color, so I am able to almost eliminate any evidence of my hand in the paintings. The shapes look manufactured rather than hand-made. The warmth of the wood keeps the paintings likeable for me. I am just waiting on my paint to come in and then I'm going to get to the paintin' makin'. This weekend I'm building supports for the paintings and trying to catch up on some sleep. If you want to see me, I'll be in the shop or in my studio.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Murphey said...

I don't think that's bad. I'm dreading painting it right now, so maybe I should just do a bunch of drawings:-)

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home