Wednesday, July 20, 2005

scarlet fever is all the rage



No, apparently scarlet fever is not one of those illnesses gone the way of the Beubonic Plague or polio. If you are very, very lucky and play those cards just right then you too can develop a nasty sore throat, go to the emergency room for the first time in your life, and be diagnosed with strep. If you are one of the chosen few, then you can go right back to the emergency room that same week covered with bright red spots from neck to knees. You probably will think that you are having a reaction to the penicillin, but you will be informed that while it could be the antibiotics, it could also be scarlet fever. Then your doctor will scratch his head and talk over YOUR head to a cheerful audience of nurses and aids and say, "I really don't know. It could be a drug reaction, but it could be scarlet fever." Then you will be told to take a benadryl and get some rest. Chances are you will no longer be hideous in about 3 days.

3 Comments:

Blogger tiny robot said...

I'm sorry you're sick, baby.

Your drawing, however, rox!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Jamie Murphey said...

I'm feeling much much better now. I finally got to go out last night, after a week and a half of grandmother-enforced bedrest. (Which I know was for my own good, but about killed me after a week.) I saw Batman The Beginning, or whatever the hell it's called. It kicked the ass. So well done.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you had scarlet fever??!

well, i don't know if i even want to THINK about coming to visit now... gimme call, it seems plausible for me to take monday off on short notice, i asked to be prepared.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home