Tuesday, August 30, 2005

ehgh


I got my paint in late on Saturday and was able to begin a paint test on Sunday. Then Katrina hit and I spent yesterday afternoon and last night eating way too much junk food and sitting in the dark. I slept on a leather love seat almost folded in half. Today I finished this paint test, and I am underwhelmed by the results and overwhelmed by the process and really tired. I'm tired outside and tired inside and I feel sad for the people who were affected by the hurricane and sad for me in a general way. This is all very exhausting and sad. I'm going to sleep. Maybe I can have a good cry before I go to sleep and get all this stupidness out of my system.

Oh, and the respirator I get to wear makes my face hurt. Well, it really makes my whole head hurt, and then my face, and I look like this. Which, let me assure you, isn't getting me dates or free foot rubs. Which is really what I want. the foot rubs, that is. I don't really have the attention span for a date right now.

7 Comments:

Blogger tiny robot said...

Respirator? Are you short of breath, darling? Are you okay?

Just me being all worried-n-stuff...

6:48 AM  
Blogger tiny robot said...

Oh, I shoulda looked at the picture first...

...nevermind! Huff away! Huzzah!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are the paints really that toxic? shame. i was thinking they just might be the thing i needed for a project.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's so special about these here paints anyway?

8:23 AM  
Blogger Jamie Murphey said...

The paints are pretty toxic. Definately need adequate ventilation and some protection for your face, lungs, etc. I don't really have good ventilation in my studio, so I paint with the respirator thingy and then I leave. And I close my paints immediately after mixing. Having offered those caveats, the paints are gorgeous. Clean, brilliant color. Very very impressive.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Jamie Murphey said...

you can look at these paints here: www.1shot.com

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You with your paints and your respirators.

I just took some frozen cake out of the freezer and ate it. Soon, I too will need toxic paints, if only to keep me out of the freezer.

I'm very whelmed with your work, by the way. The polynomial one gives me quite the hard-on.

---your irish-no-e-in-the-last-name counterpart.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home