Monday, November 22, 2004

Getting in the holiday spirit.


"I'm so glad I put the tree in the stand before I rowed across the lake! Brilliant.
Originally uploaded by flinkerfairynuts.

I think it is important to get in the holiday spirit. Great romping mean-spirits. Therefore I have decided to annotate any ridiculous holiday imagery that crosses my path, inspiring me to ridicule. Today's winner is the Christmas J. Crew, a fine publication full of delicious men.

"Thank you for holding. This is the J. Crew Order Center. How can I help you?"

"Oh, yes...uh, thanks. I was wondering, the guy on page 16...can you tell me about him?"

"Michael comes in three different colors, heath, bog, and mocha. He's an excellent handyman and cook. He likes the mountains, as you can see from his rugged limited edition tartan sportscoat."

"About that sportscoat, is it possible to exchange that coat for the Harris tweed?"

"Yes, but the Harris tweed is lined with a fear of commitment and a preference for women with daddy issues. We don't recommend ordering the Harris tweed with Michael. If you are looking for something in tweed could I recommend Devon, on pg. 35?"

"Well, I think I'll stick with Michael. I'll take pg. 16 in bog, and we'll stick with the limited edition tartan sportcoat."

"That will be $128. Would you like expedited shipping?"

"Yes, please. My folks are coming for Christmas and I told them I had a boyfriend. That would be great."

"Ok. Michael will be on your doorstep in 48 hours. Thank you for calling J. Crew. Have a happy holiday!"

3 Comments:

Blogger tiny robot said...

thank god you aren't ordering fellas from the A&F catalogue!....unless you were going to order _2_ A&F guys and watch them fool around on a bearskin rug....

6:17 AM  
Blogger Jamie Murphey said...

Dear lord, that would be fun. It would be like having my very own live episode of "Man on Man Theatre", that oh, so excellent BBC show that we have yet to produce for reasons still unknown to me.

6:44 AM  
Blogger tiny robot said...

well, one of these days when i get an actual paycheck, i'm just going to have to buy myself a camera.

then and only then will Man On Man Theater become a reality. (I'm so glad you remembered MOMT! You ROCK!)

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home