Thursday, December 16, 2004

As a married person...


Views on married life from the other side of the chasm.
Originally uploaded by flinkerfairynuts.

My best friend from 7th grade is getting married in April. While I understand the appeal of finding someone who will love you despite your deep and varied flaws, like any drug there are side effects. Sometimes you have to have distance from a situation to see the horrors clearly. As an ecstatically single person, these are the drawbacks I see to married life. [For a larger version click here.]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it a little strange that the greatest arguments you have against marriage are stereotypes based on tv shows?

If you are secure in who you are, you will not _actually_ become another person upon commitment.

-Hannah

6:52 AM  
Blogger Jamie Murphey said...

what TV show? I don't have TV so I wouldn't really know those references. With the exception of the holiday sweaters these were all based on a not quite married live-in relationship I had last year. I never stooped to holiday sweaters.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!

did you make this cartoon? it's niiice.

i haven't made any in a long time b/c i left all of my colored pencils in atlanta about a week after my birthday. i have them back now, but i'm too enthralled in harry potter 5 to care.

joy

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home