Thursday, December 22, 2005

I've changed my mind: I'm moving to Athens...

It's a woman's perogative. I'm not going to Brooklyn. They're having a fucking transit strike in the dead of winter. I love seeing the collaboration of the working people, just not in the freezing cold, in person. I'll read about it on the Guardian UK.

I'm moving to Athens, GA, at the beginning of January and starting another eco-friendly cleaning business. This time I'm going legit: taxes, accountants, the whole shebang! I spent a couple days in Athens this week and last week and I am completely enamored with the downtown area. I've got an apartment right up from Pulaski on Barber and Barrow. I can walk to the Daily or the Grit in three minutes. I live right behind an overpriced thrift store! Yippee:-) The food in Athens is amazing! I've eaten nothing but ambrosia every time I was there.

You are all officially invited to come visit me and Dan in our new pad after January. Before then we will be working out the delicate intricacies of unpacking and picking paint colors for the walls and yearning for bookshelves and bed frames from Ikea (which is only a short hour from our house).

Love to all. See you soon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanna see pictures, i know you can show us some.
as for the transit strike, i spent the whole first day cooped up at home (which WAS fun in its own right) LONGING to be trekking across the Brooklyn Bridge and receiving free hot chocolate from the red cross disaster relief. needless to say i was out the next morning with smile of giddy excitement (i couldn't sleep the night before) mounting my bike for a 5.6 mile ride across the Queensboro Bridge. full stories on blog: www.ichabod2.com/words (:
sit back and watch? shit.

7:39 AM  
Blogger tiny robot said...

Four months is entirely too long to go without posting on your blog. What? Are you making babies or something?

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home