Thursday, June 29, 2006

I've moved to Brooklyn...


Coney Island - after the Mermaid Parade
Originally uploaded by flinkerfairynuts.

I came up to Brooklyn to stay with Emily Taff two weeks ago and find a job and an apartment. I found an apartment a block from E. (pictures will be up as soon as I've painted and girlified my room) and get to stay exactly where I'm familiar: right off the L on the Graham stop.

I am also the newest marketing assistant for B&H Photo, which is incredibly cool. I will be travelling extensively and putting together trade shows for their education market to create visibility and consumer recognition for B&H. I get a real salary, and in three months I get real benefits! Probably the coolest thing is that the company strongly encourages their employees to continue to grow and learn more about photography, so they are going to lend me a camara or give me a discount on one, and help me get access to a dark room so I can start doing wet work again.

The company is owned by Hasidic Jews, and about 80 % of the employees there are either Hasidic or conservative. Lots of yarmulkas. But also very polite and friendly, and the people I met in the marketing department are really funny. I'm really looking forward to starting. Monday is my first day! So I'll be wearing adult clothes and going to my adult job, and wearing adult heels.

I'm all growed up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home